Thursday, August 31, 2006

Summer is almost over...

Well we have had a busy summer, and haven't really done much of anything! It's been nice though.. we got to go to the island a couple times, a quick trip to Kelowna, weekends when Mike's parents came to visit, dinners with friends..

Last weekend we took the dogs to Derby Reach park in Langley. They just love running on sand, so it is always entertaining watching act like "crazy dogs"! Lola gets SO dirty.

I had my garage sale last weekend, too. It went well, glad it is over though! I accidentally slept in a little later than I wanted to, so it was very rushed getting set up. In the first 10 mins I made $10! All in all I made about $30.

This weekend is going to be pretty busy, too. My good friend Cathy is having a Big Birthday Bash for three of her kidlets (rather than three smaller parties). She has rented a bouncy castle-thingy, and I am making a monkey/banana cake. She took that theme and ran with it! Banana decorations, monkey pinatas, yellow & brown plates — a girl after my own heart! I LOVE party planning. Currently trying to get Ben's first birthday get together sorted, too.

Sunday is also Rick and Deanna's daughter Marie's first birthday party. Ben is going to be quite the party animal!!

We are also finishing the construction/touch-ups on the office so hopefully my stuff can start moving in there this weekend! Mike installed the baseboards last night, now the holes just need filling, have to caulk them and paint. Compared to all the other work that has been done on it that is nothing! Mike also got 4 new power outlets in it (yay Mike!!!) and is going to do a phone/cable outlet soon. Then I get to assemple all the Ikea furniture and O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-E!! Can't wait to be able to work in there!! Will post pics of the office once completed.

Which brings me to another monumental stage in Ben's life — he starts daycare on Wednesday September 6th! It is very exciting. I know he will love it there with all the other kidlets. He might just go once that week, but will normally go Monday to Wednesday all day. He is turning into a big boy! 11 months old on Monday :D



4 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

Good Morning Cynthia! Lovely photos of the family.

I just have to say I am so excited to see the Monkey cake and I am sure it will make all of the 11 little monkeys at the party very happy! I know my Mom is very excited to meet you all.

And, I am excited for you and your office. Just seeing you type out o-r-g-a-n-i-z-e makes my hear sing lol. I am excited for you.

And Ben, he is going to have a blast at his daycare, and I know he will fit right in. He is a trouper. If he can take all 5 Empey kids in his face! He will do just fine. Don't you think lol.

Lastly, I wish you all of the best. I know you are going to make the best out of your situation. Remain as positive as you have been and you are going to do awesome. I wish you all of the best. You are so talented and the world needs people just like you.

Hugs!

9:08 AM  
Blogger cathy said...

**I meant heart sing lol!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Good day my friend... just catching up on the blog (since our Kelowna trip). Beautiful pictures of Ben! What a fantastic little man you have there! It was great meeting you!
I'm excited for you and your office - what a busy/neat time for you right now! Lots of love... take care!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Aw you guys are so sweet :D

Thanks for all the kind words! I am very excited about this change in my/our life. Times might be tight for a while (with daycare costs, etc) but will be worth it.

And it was GREAT meeting you & Mealie, Lynn! Wish it could have been a longer visit, but it was better than nothing! Your little girl is so special!

And I do agree that if Ben can handle the Empey troupe, then he will be a-ok!

Ta, ladies!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home