Saturday, May 12, 2007

On the Eve of Monster Day..

My blogger friend Laura recently posted about guilt related to having children. Whether it be weight, or housework not getting done, or being tardy on filling out the baby book, I think we all experience it.

I try not to beat myself up if my house isn't in perfect order. Or if my dishwasher doesn't get emptied right away. I know I work hard as a mum and wife.. and I work from home too! So yes, Laura! Society can come and make dinner for my family! Walk my dogs! Wash my floors and do my work for me, too!

And to explain the title of this.. When my mum was pregnant with my sister, I guess that made me 3, I gave her a bouquet of roses (she was laying down at the time with a big bare belly!) and said "Happy Monster Day, Mum!". So yes. Happy Monster Day to all the mum's out there :D May 22nd marks 2 years without my mum and I will be thinking of her more than ever, and with Mother's Day the week before, it is extra sucky. I hate hate HATE that the anniversary of her death is two days after Mike's birthday. I wish it wasn't so close.

*sigh* Love you Mum.

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraC said...

Happy Mother's Day!

I forgot to mention society doing my full-time job also. And changing my kids' diapers. And doing all the yardwork.

I try not to feel guilty but the whole weight thing is so hard, particularly with Marcia Cross running around bragging about being back in shape. I hate her so!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Happy Mother's Day, L!!

Yes, Society can do the work. Pay the bills. Change the diapers. Heck pick up the dog poop BEFORE they do the yardwork!!

LOL. Marcia Cross sucks. Celebrities who have twins are not human. They are a group of people morphed into one to portray that they have their s*$t together! You are NORMAL, and we love you for that L!!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home