Saturday, June 21, 2008

Holy Bear Batman!

Right after I put Daisy to bed tonight (9ish), I went into the kitchen to get a drink. I looked out the window to our driveway and look what I saw!!

Our back door was open, so I was worried the dogs would run outside.. I silently yelled for Mike to come upstairs LOL!

I grabbed the camera as fast as I could, snatched a bunch of photos, he got the phone to call our neighbors (they were bbq'ing earlier so we didn't want the kids to go running out or anything) as the bear sauntered through their driveway and by their front door. Not even 10 seconds after the bear walked through their hedges, the little girl opened their door. We ran to the door to tell them to get back inside! Luckily their mom was there to shoo them in. It sauntered across the road, checked out stuff as it went, and then "napped" in a back yard. The dude across the street was spying on it updating us. The other neighbor was on his roof looking over the fence at it. Apparently it is still there.. freaky. Mike called the wildlife conservation people, so we'll see what happens.

Talk about getting your heart rate up! Hopefully we don't have any incidences like last year, involving a mess of garbage. Our cans are now locked up in the shop!

I am thankful Mike was inside, as he was going to go out and work on his bike.. the shop door is always open when he does so. Phew!





3 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

WHOA!!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

HOLY CRAP! It's wild there in Mapppple Ridge! And to think we just missed out on this (knowing our luck it would have bounced on our car, lol!).

9:17 AM  
Blogger thestraightpoop said...

Holy holy holy crap!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home