Thursday, September 07, 2006

First day...

... of daycare for Ben and official start of work day for Cynthia!!

Yes, yesterday was a big day! My office is nearly done (just organizing and decorating left to do) and it feels so great to have a space to work away from the bedroom!! Made yesterday a bit easier to handle. Felt more like Christmas, actually!

Ben, on the other hand, I don't think he felt like it was Christmas. He was a little out of sorts at Rebecca's, but he did pretty good. No naps, but she said that is to be expected. Usually takes a couple weeks to get onto a comfortable routine. He was pretty pooped when we went to get him (we walked there together to surprise him!). He crawled over to Mike, and once in his arms he leaned over and gave me a big wet slobbery/snotty (teething!) kiss! Was too adorable not to graciously accept!

Today is another day.. he has lots of little friends there, though. Aiden is 1.5, Abbie is 2, Maggie is 3, Cane is 3 and Rockwell is 6. He goes to school, but he gets to see him for a bit when he gets home. I am sure happy with Rebecca, though. She is really sweet, and the kids love her. I go there and I don't hear whining or crying the whole time. Makes me feel a TON better about taking him to daycare!!

Pictures soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

Cynthia,

Thanks for the blog update. I am happy for you and your office.

Sounds like you have Ben in the right place. And your provider is right. It does take some time to get into a routine and the swing of things. By next month this time, it will be easy peasy for you both.

You are a great Mama. Providing for her family!

((((HUGS))))

7:55 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Hey Cynthia!
Good to hear about your office!! You must find that you are motivated and stimulated to have real "work space"!!

Ben will fall into the routine daycare in no time, I am sure. It sounds like you have found a good one too!

Kudos to YOU!
Thanx for the update!
Can't wait for more pics!

Deb

9:34 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

:D Aw shucks, thanks guys!!

I do think I have Ben in the right place. She is wonderful.. and has the energy to run after all those kids!

Thanks for the nice thoughts :D I know I am doing all the right things, and this is such a nice time in my mommy-life and career-life!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home