Sunday, December 17, 2006

The family resemblance!

For a Christmas gift, I have been going through old photos like crazy and having so many wonderful memories come back to me! I am amazed at how much Ben looks like me is some of them.


I like these shots.. I was about three, and my sister obviously very new! I can only imagine what I was thinking.. "Mom! She is crying! What do I do?" And that is when I stuck my finger in her mouth. I think from that point on she was a pacifier kid. But the look on my face in the pic below just screams Ben. Crazy..



Me (about 4) and Melissa (about 1)

My mom at the wedding to my dad.

My mom pregnant with my sister.

Melissa escaping her crib, about 2 years old. She was trouble from day one!

4 Comments:

Blogger Allyson said...

Oh C, what wonderful pictures. And you are so right, Ben looks like his Mommy alright. See even as a little one you had that mothering instinct right. Big Sisters are The Best! Thank you for sharing these with us. Hearts and Hugs, Allyson

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks, Mom A! And yes, I was a little mommy to my sister — changing her cloth diapers and everything!

8:42 AM  
Blogger cathy said...

I love those photos Cynthia!! So cool to see you and your sis! And, I love how Ben looks like you! So awesome!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

It was a fun project to do.. I too love seeing how Ben and I are very similar looking!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home