Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My big boy...

This Thursday marks a momentous occasion... Ben is going for the weekend to his Granny and Grampa's house in Lake Cowichan! They are going to be coming to get him on Thursday, taking him on the ferry, and bringing him back Sunday afternoon.

I am quite excited for him — I know he (and Mom!) will have a ton of fun. He loves his grandparents to bits, and vice versa of course. I hope he doesn't have a tough time without me there, that he behaves nicely and doesn't have too many tantrums. But I am 100% confident that they know what they are doing! I totally trust them..

I will miss Ben SO much. At the same time I am looking forward to some "me/us" time. Haven't had that in a long time. On Friday, my aunt is coming over to help me organize my office, then we are going shopping for a bit, then we are going to get manicure's and pedicure's. That evening we are having dinner with friends and going to see a movie. Saturday I get my hair cut/coloured/styled because that night is Mike's office Christmas party. We get to stay at the hotel! My sister is coming over with her son to watch the dogs. Then we will have breakfast with friends and go get our boy!!

So it is not like I am going to be sitting around doing nothing — so the opposite! I am glad I will be busy. Will keep me from thinking about him every second.

Thanks to Mom and Dad to offer to take Ben.. we sure are lucky to have you guys :)

5 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

How did the homecoming go? I bet he was glad to see you both, and sad to miss his grandparents too!

xo

10:06 PM  
Blogger AmberW said...

How was your weekend? I can't wait to hear all about it. How was the party? And I'm with Cathy - how was the homecoming???

8:54 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Homecoming was great! He was really tired, but not cranky. The weather/people/traffic was as busy as Christmas time. Crazy! He had a great time though, Mike's mom was very sad to hand him back. She was crying.. *sniff* Nice to have him back.

10:48 AM  
Blogger bigtrav said...

You were worried about whether or not Mom could take care of Ben even during a tantrum?!!?

She lived with me for 18 years.... she can do fine.
;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

LOL Travis.. not worried if Mom could take care of him, worried if he would have them or not. He is having issues at daycare :P But she did have to give him THE FACE!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home