Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cuts, scrapes and bruises.. oh my!


I had always heard that boys hurt themselves more (usually!) than girls, but nothing has prepared me for this. In the last three days he has bruised his left eye (nearly cut it), gave himself a bump/bruise on his forehead in a tantrum at daycare, and fallen in the bathroom and cut/bruised his right eye and nose.. and a bit of a bloody nose to with it. Luckily I wasn't home for the last accident. And this doesn't include the bruises on his legs.

The kid looks so terrible right I have to laugh. He handles it really well, thank goodness, but I want my sweet skinned little boy back with no marks on his face. *sigh* He is so clumsy sometimes, especially when he is tired. I am just SO thankful that he is having good days at daycare, that I feel like I no longer have to worry all day wondering "Is he behaving? Am I going to have to stop working to take care of him?"

Here is Ben on Sunday as we were going to the pet store. His granny knit him this comfy sweater and I just love it on him. So comfy!


I just have to brag about a couple things Ben has done today:
This morning when I took Ben to daycare I was leaving and I daringly asked Ben for a hug (I normally just wave and get the heck out of there). He came walking over and gave me the sweetest hug and then went on his way!

After his evening milk, I take him into the bathroom to brush his teeth. I asked him "Are we going to go brush our teefies, Ben?" and he then started to shake his head as if to say "No no no no!". Made me snicker.

3 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

Wow...you were not kidding! Poor Ben Ben!

He looks adorable anyways!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Allyson said...

C darling, he looks like a prize "fighter" between rounds! Poor little Ben. Cathy and I were just talking about kids and bruises on Monday. We poor parents (that is when our kids were young) are always going about worrying about what others might think, that is, unless you have one or two or 5 of your own. Bruises and bumps are a natural turn of events.

About that Daycare hug -- you know what Cynthia, he's been watching others get and give them everytime he goes -- so now it's his turn to give. And boy did he give. You will never ever forget that first hug. Your little man is growing up, and what a fine little man he is. xxoo

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

He is my toughie :) I used to worry/wonder what people would think when I took him in public with scrapes, bruises, etc but now I could care less. He is a boy. It's only natural! I gotta say though I was extremely happy when summer was over so I could cover them up a bit more!!

The daycare hug was the best! It made my whole day. I walked home with a big smile and a warm heart. I can't believe how much he is learning and changing!

xo

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home