Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day..

I remember calling it "Monster Day" to my mum, giving her a handful of wet lilacs on her big pregnant belly!

This Mother's Day was nice.. Mike & Ben got me lovely new Corelle dishes, he finished the pot lights and installed an awesome new Moen kitchen faucet with a filter! The kitchen is slowly getting finished..

The new dishes.. colours will match the kitchen when it's done!
Am in LOVE with our new faucet. Our old was C-R-A-P!

I had some errands to do yesterday, so while Ben napped and Daisy fed, I went on my way. We have been thinking about starting Daisy on a formula bottle once a day (or so) and thought now was the time. Mike made one up while I was out, it took me way longer than expected, and she drank 90ml's for him! And no spit-up! Yay for Daisy :) She didn't get the hang of it right away, gagged a bit in the beginning, but then realized that if she sucked on it she got food LOL! Atta girl! I tried to give her a bit later on, but she either wasn't hungry or I was just confusing her so it was a no go. Will try another time.

Ben and Mike had a great weekend together, too. He just loves being outside with Daddy, whatever he is doing.. He played on his slide and whatnot while Mike mowed and pulled weeds. Part of the afternoon was nice enough that I could nurse her outside (until the cool wind came). Mike also bbq'd a yummy beer can chicken last night and Kerry & Trevor came over to share the feast. It was gooooooood. Complete with brown eyed susan cookies made by my wonderful hubbie and homemade chocolate chip muffins (Thanks K!), it was de-lish!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Those cookies were soooo good. And so was the chicken, yum.

The new faucet is v. chic!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home