Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Life with Daisy...

Things are great!

Daisy is such a wonderful addition to our family. Today is my first whole day alone with the kids as the in-laws left this morning. We actually got out for a walk! And Daisy didn't cry! And Ben listened! Both the kids are napping right now (for almost two hours!) and it has been nice to get some "me" time.. eat lunch, pay some bills, catch up on my blogs!

Hopefully we have more good days than bad, but I know Ben likes to test our patience and see what he can get away with. The story of a two year old! Could be a lot worse though... Daisy is sleeping most of the night (6-7 hours straight usually) and being generally very easy going. Ben is showing more interest in her, kissing herand saying "hi!". Think he realizes she is here to stay?!

We also had our first check-up on Monday. Daisy is 8lbs 13oz (up 3oz from her birth weight and 10oz more than when we left the hospital) and doing wonderful! Dr. H said she is perfect! And yesterday she lost her belly button stub. Yay!


Mike's Granny (Daisy's GG) came for a visit last week.
This is her 8th Great-Grandchild — 4 boys and now 4 girls!

She made Daisy a pink ceramic boot with her birth date and name on it..

Big brother Ben having quiet time and reading his new favourite book..
my old Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go!

Little miss pink.. she sure is changing!

... and getting chubby!

5 Comments:

Blogger Allyson said...

Sleeping so long! Wow, I am delighted for you. That has to really help you get your energy and strength back Cynthia. Love the picture of Ben reading momma's book--too sweet and that daughter of yours? What can I say but, oh goodness, let me at her!
I hope that your days continue to go well. It was wonderful that you had the in-laws but at a certain point it's best to begin your family life as it will be. That said, I know you will miss them terribly and they you! xxxooo

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Wow! I can't believe how much Daisy's changed! And I only saw her a few days ago...how can that be? lol Ben is such a funny kid now. I love how he's developing his little personality, so much fun to watch! I'll have to come and get more of my updates in person I think! ;)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

(oh! not that Ben wasn't funny before...but you know what I mean...LOL!)

spiiiicy

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Daisy has already changed so much! I must say she is the MOST ALERT newborn I have ever laid my eyes on. Amazing! SO happy she is sleeping alot a night. That must make a big difference.
I hope you are enjoying your family of four!
Much love,
The Besth Family

2:05 PM  
Blogger cathy said...

Happy Weekend to you all! Daisy sure has changed a lot!

Hope all is well!

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home