Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's been a busy week!

Milestones in Ben's life:

A few days ago Ben started to say "mum" and he hasn't stopped! Mike is "Mum". The dogs are "Mum". His milk is "Mum". Papa is "Mum". Cats are "Mum". His sucky is "Mum". It's quite funny.. everything at home is "Mum", but at daycare he doesn't really say it. He knows who his momma is!! Mike picked him up from daycare today, and when they came home Ben was saying "Mum Mum Mum Mum!" when the walked in the door, as if calling for me. Mike held him around the corner of the office door and he said it and looked for me and then gave me the biggest smile (as he reached for me of course!!). Heartwarming, I tell ya!

He said "Hi" after repeating it many times. Hasn't said it since, but Mike's mom and I heard it!

He is still trying to walk, and getting more and more steady. Translation: He is a dare devil!! The guy has so many bruises on his legs.

Imitating. So funny! Having Mike's parents here this weekend was fun. Grampa sat at the other side of the table from Ben, so Ben would always look at him and smile. Well, Grampa looked at him a few times over top of his glasses, and then we would catch Ben looking at Grampa the same way as if he were wearing them. It was very comical.

Tonight he was eating pears in one of those food-net-feeder-things and he was managing to shove the WHOLE net in his mouth. Well, I couldn't help but laugh at him while doing this, then he thought it was funny and let out a couple giggles. Then he did it again (because he knew it made his Mum laugh :D By the time I thought of getting the camera, it was too late.

15 days until his 1st birthday!! This time last year I was so excited, waiting for my wee baby to arrive.

4 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

Whew! Ben is doing so well!

I am so happy for you that he says Mom!!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I LOVED the update Cynthia!!!! It is so great to hear how Ben and you guys are doing!! I also loved the update because I can totally RELATE!!! LOL!! I love it!!!

Oh! And can you email me directions for this weekend? Thanks!!

CYA

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

LoL Mealie says "Papa" to everything, even me. Kids are so funny! Wow tho - it's crazy how fast they grow isn't it? Almost your bday there little man!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

:D He is doing GREAT! I love seeing him change and turn into a little boy! Almost a year old!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home