Monday, October 20, 2008

A Kamloops Thanksgiving...

This Thanksgiving, we drove to Kamloops to see family, my Grandma being the most important. She is quite ill with cancer and we aren't sure if we will get to see her again, so it was imperative I see her (and she see us & the kids!). It was a good trip though. My sister and nephew stayed at our place and looked after the animals for us.

We stayed at my Auntie Sarah's, which was a lot of fun — my cousin's Katie (6) and Sophie (3) are such great kids. Ben LOVED playing with them, and they sure loved up Daisy!

We also did a quick detour to my Auntie Laurie's house in Hefley Creek.. I haven't seen her since Ben was about 6 months, and she was so wanting to meet Daisy! It was a short visit, but a great one :D Hi Auntie!


The kids travelled SO great on the trip, doing this mostly LOL!

Top of the Coquihalla.. toll booths no more! On the way back they were nearly gone, busily working all weekend to remove them. No turning back now!

We stopped in Merritt for some lunch, and picked Dairy Queen simply for the "Play Palace"! It was a hit with Ben, burning off some energy. Well worth it!


Daisy at my Auntie Sarah's.. happy happy happy!

Kamloops' hillsides are known for Mountain Sheep (at least they are to me, having grown up there). There is a specific section, near the Indian Reserve, on the way to my Grandparent's house that has a new 'wildlife fence' and signs posting for a couple km's that they are present. Apparently they have re-located a huge portion of them, but one you look hard enough you see a TON! This was on the way, and coming home we saw probably a hundred.. but of course my camera was in the back :(

Rub a dub dub, three turkey's in a tub! Sophie, Ben & Katie had a BLAST!

Look at that face! SO happy!

Daisy had her first sink-bath!

My wonderful Grandma, getting a pic with Ben. Daisy snuck in there, too :D

Grandpa, Grandma, Daisy and myself. I was so glad to go see them. They moved into their townhouse a couple years ago and I hadn't seen it yet. She was so proud to show it off to me!

I love you guys! xo

2 Comments:

Blogger Praks Tracks!!! said...

I love sink baths! So cute

8:21 PM  
Blogger Praks Tracks!!! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home