Monday, August 13, 2007

Ben's New Room!

Well Ben went away to his Granny & Grampa's house for the week, and when he was gone, his mum decided that his room needed a makeover! What good timing though.. the weather was nice (not too hot) so I didn't have to start at 7am.

I also got him a new twin bed.. painted it up and he loves it! Have had great sleeps on it, only fell out once (on a mat! No injuries!) and naps great. I LOVE that I get to lay down with him and cuddle. His toddler bed was quite small in comparison. He really looks tiny in this bed though.. a wee peanut!

Here is a before when we moved in — the drapes weren't even in yet, I think it was his first night and I had to take a picture of him sleeping :D But notice the icky taupe walls, and the equally hideous dark taupe mouldings. Eesh.. that was a project there, priming and painting them white.


And the after!! I am in love with his room.. so cheery and bright and happy. Am really looking forward to painting the second bedroom now ;) *wink wink*

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the transformation of Big Ben's new bedroom! Love the happy joyful colors!
Hope you are feeling well, sister Cynthia. Can't wait to see photos of the second bedroom! :-)
xoxo

11:54 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

*GASP*!!!! LOVE IT! Well worth all the work for a transformation from old granny dull room to vibrant boy room! So. Fun.

Plus look how the wood floor just pops now too, and so much more light. The change table looks all refreshed as well.

Nice job lady!

1:22 PM  
Blogger cathy said...

Wow! Great work...I have a couple of rooms that need help over here! Wanna help me?!

Can't wait to see what colour that second bedroom is going to be! How exciting! Thinking pink might be in order xo

2:00 PM  
Blogger LauraC said...

I think I missed something on your blog about THINKING PINK?!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks for all the compliments on the room.. I worked my butt off for sure!!

Kerry: Granny room NO MORE!

Cathy: I can help you — but leaving the work to Cliff!!

Laura: Yes, we are thinking PINK! Check out my links :D

4:20 PM  
Blogger cathy said...

OK...OK lol!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jasmyne said...

Looks awesome C!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Allyson said...

Wow Cynthia, what a difference. Such a riot of joyous colour, just right for your little boy. Way to go. xxxx

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home