Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday, Benjamin!

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy 1st birthday our dear Benjamin,
Happy birthday to you!

I can't believe that one year ago today I was going into labour to have this magnificent little human being! For a refresher, you can read my labour story here!

Here is my belly just a few days before his birth..


This is a picture of Mike and I before going to the hospital. And there is a story about Mike and his outfit.. he was going to wear a super casual outfit (which he ended up wearing!) and his mom joked and made a comment about him dressing better for the birth of his first child. This is what he came out wearing! Salesman Mike!


In the hospital.. having minor contractions, but not bad enough that I couldn't eat lunch and ice cream! Was waiting to be induced.


First picture of my wee little Ben, taken with my cell phone.


One happy dad! Picture taken just 7 minutes after Ben arrived!


Ben's sunrise..


And here he is, one year later!


Thanks for all the warm birthday wishes to our champ!

5 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

Oh, I love the photos Cynthia. I especially love the story of Mike and his outfit. That is cute.

Wow, how fast does the year go?! Like a blink of an eye.

Happy Birthday Ben! Happy one year of Mommyhood Cynthia.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks Cathy!!

I am still in shock how fast a year FLEW by. I had no idea I would have been so emotional yesterday,either! You should have warned me girl!

Accepting the warm wishes with open arms and a hug! xo

7:26 AM  
Blogger Allyson said...

Oh Cynthia, thanks for the great blog about your wonderful little treasure, Ben! It is emotional isn't having your little love turn one. I remember that so well. The pictures are fantastic.

And the ones with little Ben and his chickey-pox, ah the poor little guy. He is a super Trooper! Must take after his Mommy and Daddy. Best Wishes little Man! Love "Nanny" xxxooo

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks Nanny!! I get teary all the time thinking of Ben's birth. Was such an emotional time of year..

He IS such a trooper! I don't know if it comes from me.. I tell him that his Nana in heaven is watching him to make him all better and tip-top! Not only did he have chickey-pox (that name makes it seem almost cute!), he had a cold, ear infection and eye infection! Was on 2 different medicines. SO glad he is healthy again.. phew!

10:37 PM  
Blogger AmberW said...

Cynthia I love reading birth stories and yours was great. I just want to squish your little man now and then. He was such an adorable newborn!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated!) Ben!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home