Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was a different Thanksgiving this year.. They have always consisted of dinner with my mum, Grandma in Kelowna, my sister or Mike's family. But we stayed home this year. I cooked a chicken (yum!) and had my Aunt Kelly over, as well as our good friend Dylan. Dinner was great, just enough for the four of us, and the pumpkin pie was devoured. Even by Ben!

This time last year we had just had Ben, were starting to move into our new home, and I think we had Chinese food with my dad, step-mom and Mike's parents! Talk about traditional dinner!! It was great though..

I am thankful for so many things, there are too many to list. The top 2 are Mike and Ben of course! I am so thankful for all my wonderful friends, a loving and supportive huge family on all sides, for my pets, a roof over our heads and jobs that allow us to have so much. The simple things we have seem to get put into perspective a bit more this time of year.

Now we get to prepare for Halloween, then Christmas. Lots of good times ahead!

Today we had a family afternoon in Fort Langley. It was a beautiful sunny day.. despite our lunch mishap (don't ask!) we had fun out and about together.

Here are pics of Ben dressed up in his fancy new birthday clothes yesterday (Thanks Uncle D!) and enjoying his pumpkin pie and whipped cream!

2 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

I am thankful for our friendship Cynthia.

btw...the coffee table looks great! And Ben, well...I just LOVE his fall ensemble. Soooooo cute.

xo

11:01 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks Cathy :)

The coffee table is wonderful.. perfect for Ben to walk around (and under!).. doesn't he look adorable in his fall preppy outfit!?

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home