Friday, October 13, 2006

What a day!!

Today Ben had his very first dentist appointment!! Some of you might think that is silly, but I am trying to encourage excellent dental habits! And I don't think it's ever too early to start. He did so wonderful.. Dr. Fung-Wang was able to look into his mouth, check out his chompers with a little mirror, and he sat still through all of it! We go back in 6 months for another check up.

Ben was REALLY trying to walk today! For the first time ever Mike put him down from holding him and he didn't want to crawl — he went straight to walking and walked to his toys! Amazing.. He is getting more and more steady, he actually pauses now when walking if he starts to wobble, catches his balance then continues! Sometimes it is falling with style, but for the most part he is trying really hard to get it down pat. I have even caught him just standing there playing with a toy, while watching something on TV for a couple of minutes, not holding on to anything. My boy is getting so big!

2 Comments:

Blogger AmberW said...

Cynthia that is great that you brought Ben to the dentist. I need to take a page from your book and make sure I get my girls in soon to do the same. You are right - never to early to start a healthy dental routine.

That is great that Ben did so well! I have a feeling we are going to be in for a fun time when I get my girls there!!

Hey would you mind me adding your blog to my two pages?? Let me know!!

Amber

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks Amber! Best to start early with the girls.. luckily they are at an age that it will be neat for them to get a "prize" for going.. like a ring or a sticker, etc. Ben just eats whatever is given to him! Our dentist has a treasure chest for kids to choose from. So fun!

And I totally don't mind if you add me! Once I get my butt in gear I will add you to my links :)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home